- Student life … is closing. New chapter of my life will begin soon.
- Things happened for a reason.
- Lost something, found something[hopefully].
- Rethink about what I really want for me life. Never really thought about it. But yeah things happened for a reason. Nov things changed, unexpectedly… not entirely but still. Hope I could get the best out of the unfortunate event. Still .. thinking .. what do I want? And, is it really what I want? Will have to make decision in 2008 .. one at a time .. not waiting or rely on other people to do it for me.
- Don’t expect much .. even from things you work real hard, putting time and energy into them. Learn to do things for the right reason! Things could change all the time .. what you see/plan at the beginning .. could be no longer true or as important once time passes. What meaningful right now could be not so important, unimportant even, to you or the person you did it for … in the end. So … do your best and be happy with your efforts. Learn from your mistakes, be grateful of life every now and then .. then take the result of whatever as it comes to you[after doing your best at the time], not what you hope for/want then beating yourself up if it’s not exactly as expected.
- Stop dragging my feet. hmm my summary of 2007 seems like a combination of 2008 resolution too? They’re probably correlated anyway .. Number of the year changes doesn’t mean you can throw the past away, and start FRESH, erase everything etc. Life doesn’t work that way.
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho … GREAT book. Last book I read this year, happened to loveeeeee it a lot, particularly first half of it.
“‘Well, there is only one piece of advise I can give you,’ said the wisest of wise men. ‘The secret of the happiness is to see all the marvels of the world, and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon.'” p32
“I’m like everyone else — I see the world in term of what I like to see happen, not what actually does.” p40
There are many more parts and pieces I like in the book than I quoted here. The book talks about life, advanture, decision, people w/ their way of lives, omen and etc … thru a boy/young man’s life … including learn to see/distinguish the opporturnities and seize them. You can only read it for fun, or you can read and relate it to your life then apply the ones that’re applicable.
am still thinking .. should I write more about the book? Not so sure yet. But, I’ll reread the book in the future that’s for sure.