Call me crazy, but people have already been standing(or actually sitting) in line for iphone in New York, San Francisco, Chicago. In fact, One man has been at apple’s NY flagship store for a while .. say since Tuesday! Let me remind you that iphone will not be sold until 6pm local time on June 29th
In the news specificly in chicago, two people are being paid $15 an hour! to hold a place in line for someone else .. so they will make at least $360[24×15]. Interesting, isn’t it? There are people who’re willing to pay this much to get their hands on iphone on top of the $499(4GB) & $599(8GB) pricetags.
Here are some rules apple lays down:
- All 164 Apple retail stores will close at 2pm and reopen at 6pm until midnight on the 29th.
- 2 iPhone’s per person max.
- First come, first serve basis.
- Free iPhone training workshops will begin Saturday morning at all Apple retail stores.
- Apple’s online store will also begin taking orders at 6pm PDT on the 29th. Free shipping.
- So you don’t get caught out making a disappointing trip, Apple is also providing an on-line tool to check the iPhone availability at your local Apple store. Good thing, we think you’re going to need it.
Believe me when I tell you that some of the people in line are there to score iphone so that they can resell it on ebay to make some dough.
It’s like PS3 madness or wii mania again! okay maybe less cause it’s not like it’s almost xmas when people need gifts but still.
And ohhh this makes me wish I worked at apple! 😛
And, the monthly service plans are not so bad.
All iPhone monthly service plans are available for individuals and families and are based on a new two-year service agreement with AT&T. Individual plans are priced at $59.99 for 450 minutes, $79.99 for 900 minutes and $99.99 for 1,350 minutes. All plans include unlimited data (email and web), Visual Voicemail, 200 SMS text messages, roll over minutes and unlimited mobile-to-mobile and a one-time activation fee of $36. Family plans are also available.
With all the hype, good reviews and anticipation, I guess tomorrow Apple’s stock will go up yet again.
edit: Actually some people’re already trying to make money on ebay.